[SOLVED] Question about bad sectors

Hi guys, i currently having a problem with my hdd, so it is a WD RE4 (WD1003FBYX), and im planning to use it as a replace my current seagate hdd. so ive been ecountering errors when copying games files like huges of gb execpt for valorant and genshin impact files (idk why). Im formatting the OS 128gb and the rest for data

I've tried to make a backup of steam games on my seagate drive (phasmo, csgo, and apex), and it always comes up at corruption when steam on my new drive tries to recover from the backup.

This also apply when i tried to copy my GTAV files from egs directory on my seagate drive and some of them goes on error. i used teracopy after some googling, and yes there is several failed copy, marked as "Data Error (Cyclic Reduancy Check). Code 23" and i've tried to copy the specific files that is failed. back when im using my seagate drive, all of the games are perfectly normal. Directly from the seagate drive to my wd drive.

Some Questions:
  1. Full format the HDD will fix it?
  2. Does Old Drive make that much noise when operating?
  3. Currently im surface test it on ease us, is there a way to lock the bad sectors and when i format the drive, the bad sector wont be used? also is it worth to wait the surface test?
  4. Why does this occurs when im copying big files? I always got corruption when trying to make them verify (steam games show errors, EGS stuck at 37% when verifying gta v files and it makes the hdd like 100% unless i close it.)
  5. is there any solution for this problems?
  6. Is this happened bcs of bad sectors
i really mean your help, TIA.

Solution
Hi guys, i currently having a problem with my hdd, so it is a WD RE4 (WD1003FBYX), and im planning to use it as a replace my current seagate hdd. so ive been ecountering errors when copying games files like huges of gb execpt for valorant and genshin impact files (idk why). Im formatting the OS 128gb and the rest for data

I've tried to make a backup of steam games on my seagate drive (phasmo, csgo, and apex), and it always comes up at corruption when steam on my new drive tries to recover from the backup.

This also apply when i tried to copy my GTAV files from egs directory on my seagate drive and some of them goes on error. i used teracopy after some googling, and yes there is several failed copy, marked as "Data Error (Cyclic...

This also apply when i tried to copy my GTAV files from egs directory on my seagate drive and some of them goes on error. i used teracopy after some googling, and yes there is several failed copy, marked as "Data Error (Cyclic Reduancy Check). Code 23" and i've tried to copy the specific files that is failed. back when im using my seagate drive, all of the games are perfectly normal. Directly from the seagate drive to my wd drive.

Some Questions:
  1. Full format the HDD will fix it?
  2. Does Old Drive make that much noise when operating?
  3. Currently im surface test it on ease us, is there a way to lock the bad sectors and when i format the drive, the bad sector wont be used? also is it worth to wait the surface test?
  4. Why does this occurs when im copying big files? I always got corruption when trying to make them verify (steam games show errors, EGS stuck at 37% when verifying gta v files and it makes the hdd like 100% unless i close it.)
  5. is there any solution for this problems?
  6. Is this happened bcs of bad sectors
i really mean your help, TIA.
  1. Nothing can fix bad sectors.
  2. Windows may block bad sectors but that doesn't preclude getting more bad ones, and it's very likely.
3&4. Most writing of large files is done to continuous sectors skipping only sectors with data on it and continuing on after them. If it runs into known bad sector it kinda gets stuck trying to write to it multiple times and eventually can just stop or show an error.
  1. Good working/nwe disk with no bad sectors.
  2. Most probably.

Solution