[SOLVED] Question about Corsair case

DanijelPeder

Commendable
Mar 31, 2019
Hi, I am deciding what case to buy. I was looking at Corsair 4000D Airflow and 4000X, but the 4000x comes with 3 front fans, should I need the exhaust fan if I have AIO mounted to the roof? Then I read a review from tom's hardware on 4000x and 4000D and it said this:
Note that the 4000X RGB has a relatively high CPU temperature, but a low GPU temp. This is down to the lavish intake 3 fans) providing the GPU with fresh air, but the CPU suffers a little due to a lack of exhaust. Do yourself a favor and add an exhaust fan if you want good CPU temperatures (and a complete look), or use an AIO.
So this should mean that I don't need exhaust fan if I have an AIO right?

Solution
this should mean that I don't need exhaust fan if I have an AIO right?
that really depends on the heat generated by the rest of your system.
if you have very warm air all focused through the radiator
then the radiators fins will be warmer and CPU may not cool as effectively.

i always add a rear exhaust to carry most of the GPUs heated air out before it reaches the CPU cooler's radiator.
I am deciding what case to buy
i had a couple Corsair cases years ago and they were very high quality builds.
the few i've built in over the last 2-3 years were sub-par build quality-wise with more plastic than metal and loose paneling.
hopefully these newest versions are back to higher quality.

the 4000D Airflow seems to get a lot of...
this should mean that I don't need exhaust fan if I have an AIO right?

i always add a rear exhaust to carry most of the GPUs heated air out before it reaches the CPU cooler's radiator.
I am deciding what case to buy
the few i've built in over the last 2-3 years were sub-par build quality-wise with more plastic than metal and loose paneling.

the 4000D Airflow seems to get a lot of mentions recently. and it seems to be a pretty good deal for under $100.
though i suppose a lot of their popularity is Corsair's huge marketing practice, convincing so many that they are the best\coolest computer component company out there.

for some more options, a shopping list of some of the better looking mid-large ATX cases most with better cooling options and better features than average:
Newegg.com = Cases

Reactions: DanijelPeder
Solution

DanijelPeder

Commendable
Mar 31, 2019

the 4000D Airflow seems to get a lot of mentions recently. and it seems to be a pretty good deal for under $100.
though i suppose a lot of their popularity is Corsair's huge marketing practice, convincing so many that they are the best\coolest computer component company out there.

for some more options, a shopping list of some of the better looking mid-large ATX cases most with better cooling options and better features than average:
Newegg.com = Cases
The 4000D comes with 1 front fan and one exhaust fan, plus the link you sent me requires me to login :/

the link you sent me requires me to login
updated to "public":
https://secure.newegg.com/wishlist/pd/34786767

the Lancool II Mesh is a pretty cool case.
the only thing that kept me from buying it was the lack of 140mm fan placement options.

also the be quiet! Silent Base 802, particularly my favorite out there at the moment.

and my Fractal Design Vector RS is very nice.

DanijelPeder

Commendable
Mar 31, 2019
Bruh why can't I just pick a case i'm really specific man xD Corsair 4000X or D or Lian Li Lancool 2, I also originally wanted to buy Sharkoon Rev200, since it's reversed and I have a PC on my left..

there's too many cases out there to choose from
that's for real.
last year i took about 3 months researching cases and all of their options before narrowing it down to three:
the Lian Li Lancool II,
Fractal Design Vector RS,
or Thermaltake TT Premium.

if that be quiet! Silent Base 802 had been released yet i definitely would've gone with it.
am no way disappointed with my Vector RS though. offers everything i could want.