Question Question about Corsair PSUs

May 4, 2019
Hello, here in the Philippines, pricing of computer parts are ridiculously high. I'm currently shopping for a PSU to replace my garbage one since i'm planning an upgrade (R5 2600/3000mhz kits/new MOBO)

What I wanted to ask really is that how can I tell if the PSU from corsair is gray label or green(which from what i understand isn't good)?

Am i supposed to see some indication that it is a Gray label or are there any signs that i should be looking at that is not specified? If you guys can post a link with a picture of what it should look like i would greatly appreciate it.

LeBoRfr.png

Reactions: SaluyotMan

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
the general consensus is that green labels are bad.
however, that was more so in the past and since 2017 it has gotten better.

I personally have a green label 600w and have been using it to overclock my 6700K and my 1080 Ti without any issues for a couple years now. And I bought it second hand so it had some usage before me.

But then again, I could've just gotten lucky and got a good one.

Best to stick to the anything other than green label and making sure it's 80+ Bronze or better (a non colored white/silver 80+ is no good. Don't get one of those, they are built very cheaply)

the general consensus is that green labels are bad.
however, that was more so in the past and since 2017 it has gotten better.

I personally have a green label 600w and have been using it to overclock my 6700K and my 1080 Ti without any issues for a couple years now. And I bought it second hand so it had some usage before me.

But then again, I could've just gotten lucky and got a good one.

Best to stick to the anything other than green label and making sure it's 80+ Bronze or better (a non colored white/silver 80+ is no good. Don't get one of those, they are built very cheaply)

NO....

The green labels are old stock/old models that have been sitting around forever.

All the new ones are Grey/white.

Last edited: