Question Question about DeepCool LT720 (maintenance / refilling)

Jun 30, 2024
I'm going to use a DeepCool LT720 with my setup, and I was wondering if/how often I have to do maintenance on it, change the liquid, etc. I did a bit of research and found some info in this site: https://www.tradeinn.com/techinn/en/deepcool-lt720-liquid-cooling/140424013/p
The LT720 liquid cooling system uses a closed-loop design, which means that it requires no maintenance or refilling.
Is that really true? So I can just leave it alone doing its thing and never have to worry about changing anything?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Is that really true? So I can just leave it alone doing its thing and never have to worry about changing anything?
The only maintenance you need do is blow the dust out every so often.

Literally the whole point of closed loop AIOs are them being more affordable and convenience to custom loop.
The Catch 22s?
-You use it until it breaks, and it's e-waste after that, save for the fans. Multiple parts of a custom loop can be reused or carried over, except for the likes of gpu blocks.
-Worse performance than custom loop.

Jun 30, 2024
"-You use it until it breaks, and it's e-waste after that, save for the fans."

How would I be able to tell when it's broken so I can take it away? Sorry if I'm making stupid questions, never used a water cooler before and am still a noob at this.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
How would I be able to tell when it's broken so I can take it away? Sorry if I'm making stupid questions, never used a water cooler before and am still a noob at this.
You notice very high operating temperatures while monitoring it.
If you're not monitoring temperatures, the system will force a shut down if the thermal throttle protection fails to keep temperatures down.