Question Question About EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G1+

Oct 20, 2020
I purchased the EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G1+ and I am waiting for it to arrive.

I have a motherboard that is used and I cannot know if it malfunctions in any way.

Would you advise me to use the new powerful psu to test the motherboard or use a cheaper psu to test it?

If so, what should that test psu be? Many thanks.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
A defective motherboard won't damage a decent* quality PSU, but a cheap/junk PSU might damage a motherboard.

I'd wait for the G1+, based on the info presented thus far.... but what "cheaper" PSU did you have in mind?

*The G1+ is decent, nothing more.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Do you view evga as non-quality?

EVGA are a brand, they don't make PSUs.
Within their product stack they have some mediocre units, some good & some great.

FSP are the manufacturer behind the G1+ units (and the G1 prior to those) amongst other units branded by EVGA.

EVGA have units made by SuperFlower or SeaSonic (G2/T2/P2) and even their lower end BT or B3 that I'd rather have over the G1+.

I'm not opposed to the brand, far from it - I have a 550W G2 in my system & have been using it for 4+ years at this point. I am more interested in the quality of the underlying unit though, opposed to who's name is on it.

Dec 27, 2020
EVGA are a brand, they don't make PSUs.
Within their product stack they have some mediocre units, some good & some great.

FSP are the manufacturer behind the G1+ units (and the G1 prior to those) amongst other units branded by EVGA.

EVGA have units made by SuperFlower or SeaSonic (G2/T2/P2) and even their lower end BT or B3 that I'd rather have over the G1+.

I'm not opposed to the brand, far from it - I have a 550W G2 in my system & have been using it for 4+ years at this point. I am more interested in the quality of the underlying unit though, opposed to who's name is on it.

I'm quite thankful that I stumbled on this post. I was about to go ahead with a 2000W G+ PSU but I might just cancel the order now...