Question Question about fan placement on front radiator on double AIO set up

henrythomas13

Honorable
Jul 7, 2016
Hello there,
i was wondering if anyone knew what i should do with regard to my fan placement on my front radiator.
Currently, I have a cpu AIO and a GPU AIO. The cpu radiator is at the top of the case and serves as an exhaust. My gpu radiator will be at the front of my case as an intake, however I was wondering whether I should mount the radiator directly to the case and have my fans sucking air through the radiator and blowing into the case, or whether I should have the fans mounted to the case and be blowing air through the radiator and into the rest of the case.
Please let me know if you have any suggestions.
Thank you and cheers!

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your case? Make and models of the AIO's used on both the CPU and GPU? Did the AIO's come bundled with the aforementioned parts? As for fans, you should be looking at high static pressure fans. PWM would be a good idea but then you might want to think about getting a PWM fan hub so all your fans are ramping up and swansong with regards to a particular fan header, CPU in this scenario. I asked about the AIO's make and model since some older designs had the fans paired to the pump.

henrythomas13

Honorable
Jul 7, 2016
My bad, should have been more specific.
Case: NZXT H440
CPU: Ryzen 5800X
Cpu AIO: Corsair H110i RGB (2x140mm top exhaust mounted)
GPU: Evga Rtx 3080ti FTW3 Hybrid (2x140mm front intake mounted).

In the time that I posted this, I made some changes to my build, putting the GPU fans as intake fans on the radiator which is mounted directly to the Case, sucking air through and into the case.
My temps were worse than they were before, when I had the GPU radiator and fans set up to be an exhaust through the front (stupid, I know, as I didn’t have a single intake fan in my entire case LOL but used it for a week and a half without issue).
Changed all fans to blow at 100% all the time in bios which helped my temps a bit, but from what I can tell, they were still worse than they were before when I had all exhausts.

I am primarily concerned with keeping my CPU temps down because I am more bottlenecked by my CPU in certain games than I am with my GPU. As my cpu radiator is mounted on the top of my case as an exhaust, in theory the temps should be lower.