[SOLVED] Question about fan RPM

• Thread starter Deleted member 2720853
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2720853

I'm buying a be quiet! Pure Base 500DX case and want to replace the built-in fans with two 140mm High Speed (1600rpm) PWM intakes at the front, and I plan to keep the built-in exhaust fan on the rear which always runs at 1000rpm. Is it okay if my rear exhaust is 1000rpm, my two intakes run at about 1400-1600 while gaming, and to have no exhausts on top? Or do I need a higher speed exhaust fan too?

Solution
The case comes with three 1000 RPM non-pwm fans, I was planning to keep the built-in fans but move the top fan to the front as an intake, but now I'm not so sure if 1000rpm is enough for airflow. My specs are i7-8700 (with thermaltake ux200 argb cooler) & ZOTAC RTX 2070 Mini.
As I said....I would try it and see what happens.

I have run some computer cases that I thought would run hot...and they ran a lot cooler than I thought they would.

You might find...you are totally fine with the three fans as it comes.
I'm buying a be quiet! Pure Base 500DX case and want to replace the built-in fans with two 140mm High Speed (1600rpm) PWM intakes at the front, and I plan to keep the built-in exhaust fan on the rear which always runs at 1000rpm. Is it okay if my rear exhaust is 1000rpm, my two intakes run at about 1400-1600 while gaming, and to have no exhausts on top? Or do I need a higher speed exhaust fan too?
I would try it the way you plan on.
Then...max out the CPU and the GPU (using benchmarks or whatever) and check your temps.
It may be good enough as is.

D

Deleted member 2720853

I would try it the way you plan on.
Then...max out the CPU and the GPU (using benchmarks or whatever) and check your temps.
It may be good enough as is.
The case comes with three 1000 RPM non-pwm fans, I was planning to keep the built-in fans but move the top fan to the front as an intake, but now I'm not so sure if 1000rpm is enough for airflow. My specs are i7-8700 (with thermaltake ux200 argb cooler) & ZOTAC RTX 2070 Mini.

I have run some computer cases that I thought would run hot...and they ran a lot cooler than I thought they would.

Solution
D

Deleted member 2720853

Yeah I'm new to building PCs and wanted to make sure. They're cheap anyway, guess I'll buy the 140mm high speed fans and if the cooling isn't good enough as it is, I'll replace 'em using my original plan. Thanks.

Yeah I'm new to building PCs and wanted to make sure. They're cheap anyway, guess I'll buy the 140mm high speed fans and if the cooling isn't good enough as it is, I'll replace 'em using my original plan. Thanks.
You're welcome.

I'm running an old Alienware case from 2008....and the air cooling options with those are awful because there is very little venting....and I'm still getting good temps with an i7-980 and a GTX 1080.

So.....try it....you might be surprised....and the worst that can happen is you need to add more or better fans.