Question Question about ICMP's

Treycen

Prominent
Sep 3, 2019
I'm not exactly sure if this is true or this is what is causing my disconnections, but I have done some reading and apparently ICMP type b's are basically "network unreachable." Is this true? I've been getting hundreds of disconnections from my router for months now and most of the time when I get my internet back after it shutting off I see the message "[Self2WAN ICMP type b Detected!] To prevent from revealing router's activity, this packet is drop". First I was thinking that these messages were causing my disconnections all the time but i'm starting to think that these appear after my internet gets disconnected. Do these appear after my disconnections or before. If these aren't appearing after then can someone explain to me why these ICMP's are disconnecting my internet for 10-15 seconds?

A speed test shows: 30 ping, 69 down, 15 up.

I've been dealing with disconnections for months now and i'm trying to track down answers so i'm asking as many questions as possible. I'm getting a Nighthawk AC1750 soon because my router I have now is very old and outdated and I believe it has a bug in it. My next question to add on to this is, what if my 2nd hop in my trace to google is unreachable. I googled it and that showed some stuff about ICMP's aswell. Am I missing something here?

Last edited: