[SOLVED] Question About Monitor Port (Picture)

MarsColonist

Commendable
Jan 9, 2021
Building a new PC, and I want to use an old monitor I have with it. I used to plug the monitor into something like a DVI port or something like that (can't remember what it's called). Anyway, as you guys are probably aware, new GPUs apparently don't have those ports anymore. Looks like my GPU has one HDMI port and 3 Display Ports.

I saw a port on my old monitor that I THINK is an HDMI port, but I wanted to check with you guys. Photo of the port in question is linked below.
https://flic.kr/ps/3VTVuB

It looks similar in appearance to photos of HDMI ports that I found via search, but I wasn't sure if this superficial visual identification is enough or if there may have been other ports that look similar to HDMI, so I just wanted to check and verify... can I say for sure that's an HDMI port in the picture?

I have an EVGA RTX 3070 I'm planning to use with this new PC build, so as mentioned it has an HDMI port. But the HDMI port on the monitor (assuming it is an HDMI port) is probably close to 10-12 years old. So I'm wondering if there is a problem... like if I can just take any HDMI cable and connect that monitor port with (what I think is) the HDMI port on my monitor there, or if there might be different versions of HDMI ports that were created over the years that might require certain cables or something (like with USB 2.0, USB 3.0, etc).

Will any HDMI cable work for what I want to do here? Can anyone confirm the port in the Flickr image I linked to above there is in fact an HDMI port?

MarsColonist

Commendable
Jan 9, 2021