[SOLVED] Question about poster putty is it electrically conductive?

Skormthemage

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2010
good day everyone I hope this message finds you safe and well,I use duckys poster putty I have no plans to attach it to the mobo I’m holding up a damged Ssd cage with it to , and suspending a fan over mobo vrm’s
id like to know is this safe or can this severly harm my machine? Thank you for your time in advance .

Solution
Hello Mike good day to you! I had thought there was latex inside the tack but from what your saying that shouldn’t factor in? I really appreciate your knowledge
Latex is natural juice from Rubber trees, has no metal so not conductive to electricity. It's even very good insulator. In it's raw form it's very sticky and so used as pat of glue.
I don't see how putty would have anything conductive in it. But if you want to verify, go find something powered with standard batteries, make wires out of the putty, and connect the device to the battery with the putty, and see what happens.

Or if you don't mind waiting, you can always order a cheap multi-meter with a continuity tester.

Hello Mike good day to you! I had thought there was latex inside the tack but from what your saying that shouldn’t factor in? I really appreciate your knowledge
Latex is natural juice from Rubber trees, has no metal so not conductive to electricity. It's even very good insulator. In it's raw form it's very sticky and so used as pat of glue.

Reactions: Skormthemage
Solution