Question Question about pre built PC and i7 14700 KF

Jul 20, 2024
I was browsing pre built PCs as I need a new one. I came across this one on Newegg:

https://www.newegg.com/msi-aegis-rs2-c14nuf7-826us/p/N82E16883151421?item=N82E16883151421

My question is, it lists the processor (i7 14700 KF) as 2.5 GHz. Every other prebuilt I've seen with this processor, and every reference to this processor for that matter, lists it at 3.4 GHz. Is this an incorrect listing by Newegg, or is this a lesser version of this processor that I don't know about?

I ended up going with an ABS build instead, only main difference between the two is the motherboard (B760 DS3H DDR5 Wifi instead of PRO Z790 WIFI which I'm told isn't THAT big of a difference), and the ABS only has a 1TB m.2 nvme compared to 2TB on the MSI which sucks, but I already bought an additional 2 TB m.2 nvme to install myself so this won't be a huge deal.

So yeah I ended up going with another option, but just wondering what is up with this listing.

Last edited:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah, P and E and AMD C core is leading to a lot of confusion when it comes to core counts and clocks. A lot of those input forms just don't have the lines for the right data. Almost every listing out there is wrong in some way, or purposefully vague so they can make minor changes to configurations as part prices fluctuate.