[SOLVED] Question about replacing Wacom Intuous 3 tablet with new Intuous Pro that is sold on Amazon currently.

realghostbuster

Reputable
Jan 18, 2019
Hi there,

I've been using a medium sized Intuous 3(medium size) for the last few years to draw things in Photoshop and Krita etc and although the tablet works okay I still find it hard to get the same accuracy with my line work/strokes using the Intuous 3 as I can with a pencil and paper.

I know that getting a Cintiq could solve this problem but its far too expensive for me at the moment.

The pressure sensitivity of the Intuous 3 is 1024 levels and its resolution is 5080 lpi. Whereas the current Intuous Pro that's being sold on Amazon has a pressure sensitivity of 8192 levels and same resolution at 5080 lpi.

I'm wondering if I got the large version of the new Intuous Pro would I notice a significant improvement with the quality of my line work? I'm basically looking to achieve a way to get the same accuracy I can get with a pencil and paper. The Intuous 3 was released in 2004/2005 so I assume there must be a significant improvement with the accuracy and quality of the line work that can be achieved with the newer models?

Any helpful information from those who use Wacom products would be appreciated!

Kind regards,

Solution
There is really no way to tell if you personally will see an improvement without trying it. The only thing I would say is that better equipment should maximize the chance of you doing better. Like smoking, there is no way to tell for sure if starting smoking will kill you faster or if you will live to be 100 if you don't start or quit smoking, but if you want to maximize your chances of living longer without health issues, then not smoking is a good idea. You will know if you can live to 100 if you do and not before, same thing here, you won't know if you will like it better till you try it.
There is really no way to tell if you personally will see an improvement without trying it. The only thing I would say is that better equipment should maximize the chance of you doing better. Like smoking, there is no way to tell for sure if starting smoking will kill you faster or if you will live to be 100 if you don't start or quit smoking, but if you want to maximize your chances of living longer without health issues, then not smoking is a good idea. You will know if you can live to 100 if you do and not before, same thing here, you won't know if you will like it better till you try it.

Reactions: realghostbuster
Solution