[SOLVED] Question about riser cables

Exia00

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2013
Hi so i recently bought the ThermalTake Divider 370 which it includes the GPU bracket to vertically mount and i would like to know since i am using a B560 board with a RTX 3060 Ti would using a 3.0 Riser card be perfectly fine than using a 4.0 cable and also which one would be considered good to use?

Solution
You can use a PCIe 3.0 riser cable but you'll have to make sure you set that PCIe express slot to gen 3 in the BIOS settings or else it won't work. Gen 4 and Gen 3 use different protocols so it doesn't translate well from a gen 4 socket to a gen 3 cable. If possible try to get a gen 4 riser cable, though there shouldn't be a performance difference for a 3060Ti at gen 3 anyway.
You can use a PCIe 3.0 riser cable but you'll have to make sure you set that PCIe express slot to gen 3 in the BIOS settings or else it won't work. Gen 4 and Gen 3 use different protocols so it doesn't translate well from a gen 4 socket to a gen 3 cable. If possible try to get a gen 4 riser cable, though there shouldn't be a performance difference for a 3060Ti at gen 3 anyway.

Reactions: Exia00
Solution
Hi so i recently bought the ThermalTake Divider 370 which it includes the GPU bracket to vertically mount and i would like to know since i am using a B560 board with a RTX 3060 Ti would using a 3.0 Riser card be perfectly fine than using a 4.0 cable and also which one would be considered good to use?

I forgot to mention, if you end up buying a PCIe gen 3 riser cable it's ideal you configure the PCIe port to gen 3 in the bios BEFORE you plug in the riser cable.

TRENDING THREADS