Question about SLI and COD:AW

opio

Distinguished
May 10, 2013
I have two GTX 760's in SLI but when I'm changing video settings in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare it just says just one GTX 760 under video adaptor and 1956 MB under dedicated video memory when it should say 3904 MB since I have two cards. Anybody know how I can get the game to recognize both?

opio

Distinguished
May 10, 2013
So you're not sure but know for a fact at the same time?

jk man just bustin' your chops.

Hmmm, that's weird, one would think that the VRAM would all be combined, is there an explanation as to why 2+2=2 in this case?

also

When you're in the video settings menu on COD:AW does it say 2 GTX 970's for you?

The Vram has never been combined and will always be 2 + 2 = 2 in this and every other case.

For SLi and Crossfire to work each card has to hold the exact same information, they just display that information at different times (AFR) or in different places (SFR).

opio

Distinguished
May 10, 2013
by "this case" I meant with vram in general... other cases would be typing 2+2 into a calculator where it will always equal 4

thank you for explaining that though

anyway. I have a g-sync monitor and have the refresh rate at 144hz, should I enable sync every frame in the game?

I know what you meant which is why I tried to explain why it's the case. There has been talk of things changing in the future but so far it has just been talk and rumours.