[SOLVED] question about water cooling

xJesserX

Reputable
Jul 6, 2019
hey , i'm new to water cooling and i'm waiting a COOLER MASTER MASTERLIQUID ML120 ( for i7 9700k and i will not overclock it ) to arrive,does it use a liquid or something ? and does it need to be replaced after certain time ? if so how many "years" ?

Solution
hey , i'm new to water cooling and i'm waiting a COOLER MASTER MASTERLIQUID ML120 ( for i7 9700k and i will not overclock it ) to arrive,does it use a liquid or something ? and does it need to be replaced after certain time ? if so how many "years" ?
The name says it all, it uses liquid (water + additives) but it's sealed and need no replacing it. As with all AIO coolers it's not advisable to keep it longer than it's warranty lasts, after that it should be changed, warranty includes any damage to rest of system in case of leaks, after that you are on your own. Liquid also degrades in time as well as pump and fans.
PS. That cooler may not be enough for i7 970K, It's not any better than average air cooler. Only AiOs of 240...
The name says it all, it uses liquid (water + additives) but it's sealed and need no replacing it. As with all AIO coolers it's not advisable to keep it longer than it's warranty lasts, after that it should be changed, warranty includes any damage to rest of system in case of leaks, after that you are on your own. Liquid also degrades in time as well as pump and fans.
PS. That cooler may not be enough for i7 970K, It's not any better than average air cooler. Only AiOs of 240 -280 size are close to good air coolers and some 360 are better than best air coolers.

Solution