Question Question about XTU and undervolting a notebook graphics card (i7-8750H with GTX 1060)

Sep 26, 2019
I have a Dell G7 with i7-8750H and Nvidia gtx 1060 graphics card.

I have a few questions:

XTU says it is compatible with i7-8700, but 8750 is not specifically listed. Can I still use XTU on my i7-8750? I want to undervolt my CPU.

Also, is my GTX 1060 considered an integrated graphics card? Does XTU only work on integrated graphics card? If so, then do I need a separate software from XTU in order to also undervolt my graphics card?

Sep 26, 2019
sorry an additional question. so I looked up Hardwire Devices on my laptop, and both Intel UHD 630 as well as Nvidia gtx 1060 show up on my device list. why are there two graphics cards listed?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)Yes.

2)No, but your 8750's UHD 630 Graphics processor is.
-XTU only works with Intel cpus.
-Msi Afterburner or EVGA Precision X for gpus.

3)Your laptop sports a switchable graphics driver. It is supposed to switch from the igpu to the gpu when it detects you are running a game. But this feature wasn't implemented very well.
People have issues getting specific games to work with this driver - the most notable(from what I've read) being Minecraft and GTA V. I've heard of multiple 'fixes' but nothing concrete - I mean, no universal fix.
Do NOT attempt to disable the igpu either, as you'll only succeed in black screening your display.