Question Question/comformation about DVD drive BH14NS40

sc2lines

Great
Dec 13, 2019
I've a Blue Ray DVD drive BH14NS40 that refuses to read any disk unless it is booted with a disk in the drive. Doesn't matter, if there is not a disk in the drive when booted it will not read any disk at all.......is this a copyright in the firmware thingy??? It has the latest firmware and if booted with a disk in the drive it will read disks without issue........It is just an annoyance ....anyone else have this anomaly ?

sc2lines

Great
Dec 13, 2019
Yes ..........Not sure how to post a screen shot here so......... But the drive works perfectly but ONLY if there is a disk in the drive when booted...if not it will not read any disk I put in it ..even if the dvd only has a txt file on it....it's as if windows needs to know that there is some kinda file system associated with the drive

sc2lines

Great
Dec 13, 2019
This has been a while.........so could have occurred at some 10 update.......also this DVD has been in another system before being introduced to the computer it's in now ......at one time it did read disks (DVD's and CD's).....I remember reading at some point when investigating this that LG did some firmware upgrade because of Blue Ray pirating and I thought that maybe what's causing this .......like I say though it's annoying that I have to keep a DVD in the drive so that it will read DVDs and CDs......

sc2lines

Great
Dec 13, 2019
Check it out....so I booted WITHOUT a DVD in the player...got to the Desktop ....Put the exact dvd I normally boot with in the drive and it was ejected and I was told to insert a disc into drive G: ........ but I can boot with the exact same disc IN the drive and ALL discs introduced will be read automatically ........ Anomaly hey??