Question for Dell Latitude E6530 owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satman858

Reputable
Mar 18, 2016
If anyone owns a Dell Latitude E6530 maybe they can help me. I just bought a refurbish Dell Latitude E6530 and on the Laptop all around the touch pad it is very sticky. With that said, I have this question below:

Is this norm for a Dell Latitude E6530, because I have a Dell Latitude E6540 and it not sticky like this Dell Latitude E6530 is?

I've found that the plastic used can, and does become sticky over time on that product line. I have three, of which 2 are fine, the third one however exhibits the same stickiness as described here. There's really no solution other than to purchase new plastics (assuming any are still available from Dell)

Satman858

Reputable
Mar 18, 2016
I've found that the plastic used can, and does become sticky over time on that product line. I have three, of which 2 are fine, the third one however exhibits the same stickiness as described here. There's really no solution other than to purchase new plastics (assuming any are still available from Dell)

Thank you so much for this information. The fleabay seller gives a 30 day satisfaction guarantee, so I must way my options on being able to replace it with new plastics.

Do you know what the red colored plastics shown in the photo listed below, would be named when I try contacting Dell for availability to purchase it from them?

P..S. I would like to keep the Laptop as I got the Dell L attitude E6530 with a 8GB Ram and 256GB SSD for a bid of only $167

View: https://imgur.com/a/orOd3zt

Status
Not open for further replies.