[SOLVED] Question Frame Stuttering on a Really Good PC

Jul 26, 2019
Hey guys, so I just bought a whole new PC. I built every part of it myself, this is the 5th PC I've built. My problem is, I am getting frame stuttering in every game I play. I feel like with these specs I should have no such problem, but I can't resolve the issue myself. I have updated all my drivers. Including the GPU drivers from GeForce Experience, the CPU and chipset drivers from the AMD website, and all the MB drivers from the Gigabyte website. I am running my PC on the AMD Ryzen High Performance power setting.
The game I play the most of is CSGO so I will use that game as a reference. It is also the game the frame stuttering is the most noticeable in, but I do get frame stuttering in every game I play. I usually get between 300-500 FPS depending on the map. I notice the stuttering the most when I swipe my mouse really fast. The screen isn't tearing, it just stutters. I play on a 240 HZ monitor. I have 2 monitors, but I unplugged one to try and solve the issue. No luck. I will link all my specs below, any ideas would be very appreciated.

I have not done any over-clocking and all temps are running very stable.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x 3.9 GHz 12-Core
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8 GB) DDR4-3600
Storage: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 SSD
PSU: EVGA Supernova G3 750w 80+ Gold
Monitor: Alienware AW2518Hf (240 hz, 1080p)

Edit: I have tried playing with absolutely nothing else running on the PC right after a fresh restart. Still stutters just as bad.
I play CSGO on all low settings in 4:3 stretched resolution. Frame still stutters at 16:9 1080p.
I'm even noticing fps stuttering on my desktop.
I have tried using a 144hz and a 60hz monitor and still feel the stuttering.

Solution
it seems to spike when i was in the menu for destiny, then it dropped off when i alt tabbed to take the snapshot
No idea, I would go for another regular ssd just to test it without m.2.
Do mem test for your ram , maybe is one faulty, try reseating your ram again. Check if all cables are connected good. The last thing you can do is to update bios.
Jul 28, 2019
Hey guys, so I just bought a whole new PC. I built every part of it myself, this is the 5th PC I've built. My problem is, I am getting frame stuttering in every game I play. I feel like with these specs I should have no such problem, but I can't resolve the issue myself. I have updated all my drivers. Including the GPU drivers from GeForce Experience, the CPU and chipset drivers from the AMD website, and all the MB drivers from the Gigabyte website. I am running my PC on the AMD Ryzen High Performance power setting.
The game I play the most of is CSGO so I will use that game as a reference. It is also the game the frame stuttering is the most noticeable in, but I do get frame stuttering in every game I play. I usually get between 300-500 FPS depending on the map. I notice the stuttering the most when I swipe my mouse really fast. The screen isn't tearing, it just stutters. I play on a 240 HZ monitor. I have 2 monitors, but I unplugged one to try and solve the issue. No luck. I will link all my specs below, any ideas would be very appreciated.

I have not done any over-clocking and all temps are running very stable.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x 3.9 GHz 12-Core
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8 GB) DDR4-3600
Storage: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 SSD
PSU: EVGA Supernova G3 750w 80+ Gold
Monitor: Alienware AW2518Hf (240 hz, 1080p)

Edit: I have tried playing with absolutely nothing else running on the PC right after a fresh restart. Still stutters just as bad.
I play CSGO on all low settings in 4:3 stretched resolution. Frame still stutters at 16:9 1080p.
I'm even noticing fps stuttering on my desktop.
I have tried using a 144hz and a 60hz monitor and still feel the stuttering.
It's probably gpu driver issue, use DDU to reinstall it, also is you windows up to date? I had stuttering problem before on older version of windows and reinstall didn't help untill I updated my windows on new May 2019 update and reinstalled gpu driver.

Jul 26, 2019
It's probably gpu driver issue, use DDU to reinstall it, also is you windows up to date? I had stuttering problem before on older version of windows and reinstall didn't help untill I updated my windows on new May 2019 update and reinstalled gpu driver.
I really appreciate the reply. I don't have integrated graphics on my CPU or MB, if I uninstall my GPU drivers will I still get an output from my GPU to my monitors? Sorry kinda noob question.

Jul 28, 2019
I really appreciate the reply. I don't have integrated graphics on my CPU or MB, if I uninstall my GPU drivers will I still get an output from my GPU to my monitors? Sorry kinda noob question.
Yes you still will get output from your GPU don't worry, you don't need integrated hraphics.
I don't know if I can post links here so type this in youtube "How to do a Clean Graphics Card Driver Installation - DDU Tutorial - GPU Driver Uninstall" uploader is Santiago Santiago.

Jul 26, 2019
Yes you still will get output from your GPU don't worry, you don't need integrated hraphics.
I don't know if I can post links here so type this in youtube "How to do a Clean Graphics Card Driver Installation - DDU Tutorial - GPU Driver Uninstall" uploader is Santiago Santiago.
Dang. Uninstalled my drivers and reinstalled. Still getting the frame stuttering. Thank you for the suggestion though!

Jul 28, 2019
Dang. Uninstalled my drivers and reinstalled. Still getting the frame stuttering. Thank you for the suggestion though!
I was getting the same result for 6 months, but after windows update to the last version and new reinstall it worked. That's the first thing I would check.
You said in the first post "I'm even noticing fps stuttering on my desktop. " I would get another ssd some $30 and install system on it also remove m.2 to test without him.(Also check your m.2 with some programs maybe is in bad condition) Don't get another m.2 take the regular ssd.
Test your pc with each stick of ram 1 by 1.
Use MSI Afterburner to monitor your pc stats while playing some game, make sure that you are playing some demanting game on max settings, watch your gpu usage.

One important question when you have deinstalled your gpu driver and you pc boots up did you had some low resolution on your monitor or it was a regular resolution that you are using???

Jul 26, 2019
One important question when you have deinstalled your gpu driver and you pc boots up did you had some low resolution on your monitor or it was a regular resolution that you are using???
Yes it had a low res image.

I was getting the same result for 6 months, but after windows update to the last version and new reinstall it worked. That's the first thing I would check.
I already tried reinstalling and updating Windows.

You said in the first post "I'm even noticing fps stuttering on my desktop. " I would get another ssd some $30 and install system on it also remove m.2 to test without him.(Also check your m.2 with some programs maybe is in bad condition) Don't get another m.2 take the regular ssd.
I tested the M.2 drive and it is getting really good speeds constantly.

Jul 28, 2019
it seems to spike when i was in the menu for destiny, then it dropped off when i alt tabbed to take the snapshot
Do mem test for your ram , maybe is one faulty, try reseating your ram again. Check if all cables are connected good. The last thing you can do is to update bios.

Solution
Jul 26, 2019
Just got my new SATA SSD in yesterday and clean installed windows and everything on it. After gaming the past couple days it seems to have fixed the problem. I really appreciate your help man!

Reactions: Rasporilac
Sep 2, 2019
Hi, I have a very similar system to yours and am encountering the same problem. So if I understood correctly, you are running your windows off a SATA SSD, and the rest of of your M.2? I have a 970 Evo and showed no prefformance problems in benchmarks.