Question - Hunter Mail Armor

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Frisch wrote:
> On Sun, 22 May 2005 15:48:24 +1000, David Carson
> <david@eldergothSPAMTRAP.com> scribed into the ether:
>>Heh, my rogue wears a Ghostshroud.. hope there were no rogues or druids
>>in the group when you looted it!
>
> 2 warriors, my hunter, a priest and a warlock.
>
> I've seen several ghostshrouds get turned into shards by enchanters.

It brings tears to the eyes.

Still, it only took three pops of that chest to get Ghostshrouds for
both me and the other 60 rogue in my guild.

Cheers!
David...

On Thu, 19 May 2005 23:27:17 GMT, "Abed" <XXshooy100@lycos.com> wrote:

<SNIP>

>I just got into an argument with a warrior in the Sunken Temple last night.
>Blue leather bracers dropped (BOP)with high AGI and resistances and I rolled
>on the item and won them. A warrior called me a ninja looter because hunters
>wear mail and I didn't need them. Well they were way better than the bracers
>I had on so I felt justified in rolling. It got so bad the group had to
>break up.

I rather wonder if the Warrior passed on the roll as he can wear
plate. They roll so that everyone gets a chance at the good items,
right? What if you had an alt, I mail items between my 2 chars all
the time. That's OK, because 20-30 friends is about all anyone can
handle.

Also, thanks for the valuable input everyone.

Take care,
Julie

Group,

As a final foolish note, I've been "saving" green mail I find. Well,
it just hit me tonight that by the time I'm level 40 playing with this
"fine" equipment at level 17 will be like playing naked at 40 -
heeheehee. I guess I should give it to my warrior friends who are in
the level range with me.

Sincerely,
Julie the Hoarder

On Tue, 24 May 2005 09:47:33 GMT, Julie Warden
<julie_warden@spamonlyhotmail.com> scribed into the ether:

>Group,
>
>As a final foolish note, I've been "saving" green mail I find. Well,
>it just hit me tonight that by the time I'm level 40 playing with this
>"fine" equipment at level 17 will be like playing naked at 40 -
>heeheehee. I guess I should give it to my warrior friends who are in
>the level range with me.

Collecting mail armor for eventually hitting 40 *is* a good idea, just wait
until you are about 30 to do it so that the pieces you are saving are
wearably decent.

On Sat, 21 May 2005 12:39:51 +1000, David Carson
<david@eldergothSPAMTRAP.com> scribed into the ether:

>Matt Frisch wrote:
>> On Fri, 20 May 2005 13:44:27 GMT, "Kevin C." <nomail@dot.com> scribed into
>> the ether:
>> *shrug* My 60 hunter still has several pieces of leather. Laugh all you
>> want. I do just fine.
>>
>>>Get your cheap ass to the Auction House.
>>
>> There is not a single item capable of being sold in the AH which would
>> upgrade anything on my character.
>
>What are these leather pieces that you are wearing?

Objection! Asked and answered.

In article <cdt591putt3a8ipf58n24u5f41pou5vvu3@4ax.com>, Julie Warden
<julie_warden@spamonlyhotmail.com> wrote:

> They roll so that everyone gets a chance at the good items,
> right? What if you had an alt, I mail items between my 2 chars all
> the time.

I can't see that's reason to roll on an item you can't use there and
then - we've all got alts, and we all know someone who can disenchant,
but surely the point of rolling is to give the most benefit to the
party, there and then? Otherwise, you're just on a particularly tedious
shopping spree.

___
Neil
aka HighVis

"Neil Jones" <neil@designumbrella.com> wrote in message
> In article <cdt591putt3a8ipf58n24u5f41pou5vvu3@4ax.com>, Julie Warden
> <julie_warden@spamonlyhotmail.com> wrote:
>

>> They roll so that everyone gets a chance at the good items,
>> right? What if you had an alt, I mail items between my 2 chars all
>> the time.
>
> I can't see that's reason to roll on an item you can't use there and
> then - we've all got alts, and we all know someone who can disenchant,
> but surely the point of rolling is to give the most benefit to the
> party, there and then? Otherwise, you're just on a particularly tedious
> shopping spree.

If I found someone rolling for items for an alt or a friend they'd be kicked
out the party. If that kind of thing is going on there's almost no chance of
anyone picking up the set items or weapons they want.

Matt Frisch wrote:
> On Sat, 21 May 2005 12:39:51 +1000, David Carson
> <david@eldergothSPAMTRAP.com> scribed into the ether:
>>What are these leather pieces that you are wearing?
>
> Objection! Asked and answered.

Err, yes, we had a conversation about Ghostshrouds afterwards. Why did
you reply to this ancient post of mine again?

Cheers!
David...

On Thu, 26 May 2005 12:35:38 +1000, David Carson
<david@eldergothSPAMTRAP.com> scribed into the ether:

>Matt Frisch wrote:
>> On Sat, 21 May 2005 12:39:51 +1000, David Carson
>> <david@eldergothSPAMTRAP.com> scribed into the ether:
>>>What are these leather pieces that you are wearing?
>>
>> Objection! Asked and answered.
>
>Err, yes, we had a conversation about Ghostshrouds afterwards. Why did
>you reply to this ancient post of mine again?

It just showed up yesterday.

Matt Frisch wrote:
> On Thu, 26 May 2005 12:35:38 +1000, David Carson
> <david@eldergothSPAMTRAP.com> scribed into the ether:
>>Matt Frisch wrote:
>>
>>>On Sat, 21 May 2005 12:39:51 +1000, David Carson
>>><david@eldergothSPAMTRAP.com> scribed into the ether:

>>>Objection! Asked and answered.
>>
>>Err, yes, we had a conversation about Ghostshrouds afterwards. Why did
>>you reply to this ancient post of mine again?
>
> It just showed up yesterday.

Ah, the vagaries of news servers..

Cheers!
David...