[SOLVED] Question I/O error file

cloudff7ps1

Reputable
Sep 3, 2020
Device error or disc error I/O error (E/S in Brazil) is shown while burning or reading or Verify within ImgBurn or not?

example: when copying file or folder example: cannot copy file ...zip the request cannot be executed due to an I/O device error (E/S in Brazil)

cloudff7ps1

Reputable
Sep 3, 2020
I/O error (E/S in Brazil) is an error that will always be shown when burning the DVD preventing the media from being burned and I think the burning is good but the burning is not good?

I/O error (E/S) is a corrupt file error or defective dvd drive or dvd media?

Device error or disc error I/O error (E/S in Brazil) is shown while burning or reading or Verify within ImgBurn or not?

example: when copying file or folder example: cannot copy file ...zip the request cannot be executed due to an I/O device error (E/S in Brazil)

Usually this happens when the file can't be read from the disk. See if you can get to that file, if it's a file that can be opened to look at, like that zip file, do that to check it also. Try moving the file to another location.

cloudff7ps1

Reputable
Sep 3, 2020
a long time ago I burned some DVD media with imgburn and during burning it had I/O errors and I canceled so I used other media and the burning was completed but I didn't understand if the problem was in the file that was recorded on hdd if it was corrupted, if the error was in the media or if the error was in the dvd drive

my doubt was if whenever the I/O error (E/S) appears I will be notified

cloudff7ps1

Reputable
Sep 3, 2020
if the burn passes the imgburn verify test and the nero disc speed read test then the file and burn are good?

when a dvd is burned, does the burning software read the file showing if it is corrupted or not?

USAFRet

Titan
if the burn passes the imgburn verify test and the nero disc speed read test then the file and burn are good?
Maybe.
It only counts if you can come back to the drive later, and copy all the files off it, and check that they actually work.

when a dvd is burned, does the burning software read the file showing if it is corrupted or not?
That's what the 'verify' is for.