[SOLVED] Question on how a fan hub works

Kairosmic

Reputable
Jul 29, 2020
Hey,
So i recently bought a Corsair iCUE 465x case with an ASUS prime z390-a mobo. With the case comes 3 Corsair ll120 RGB fans and the Corsair lighting node. I am planning on getting 3 additional ll120 fans, so I can have a total of 6 RGB fans, but i do not think my mobo has enough 4-pin connectors. If i was to buy an 8 connector fan hub, would that replace plugging them into my motherboard with plugging them into the fan hub? And the fan hub plugs in via USB 2.0, i think?

So instead of plugging them into the motherboard for power, would you plug them into a fan hub for power?

Solution
Hey,
So i recently bought a Corsair iCUE 465x case with an ASUS prime z390-a mobo. With the case comes 3 Corsair ll120 RGB fans and the Corsair lighting node. I am planning on getting 3 additional ll120 fans, so I can have a total of 6 RGB fans, but i do not think my mobo has enough 4-pin connectors. If i was to buy an 8 connector fan hub, would that replace plugging them into my motherboard with plugging them into the fan hub? And the fan hub plugs in via USB 2.0, i think?

So instead of plugging them into the motherboard for power, would you plug them into a fan hub for power?
I use a deepcool FH-04. I plugged additional fans into the fan hub. Then, i plug the fan hub into one of the 4 pin connector. So if you dont have enough...

poorbugger

Distinguished
Hey,

I use a deepcool FH-04. I plugged additional fans into the fan hub. Then, i plug the fan hub into one of the 4 pin connector. So if you dont have enough 4 pin connectors on your motherboard, plug one of them into the fan hub and just plug the fan hub into the 4-pin that you freed up.

Solution