[SOLVED] Question on recently purchased prebuilt PC.

Feb 22, 2019
Hi everyone, new to the forum although I've browsed the forum for years to find answers. I recently made the jump to a new gaming rig after a long while. I decided to go with a prebuilt this time and am happy with the hardware all except for the power supply. The link to the pc. https://www.amazon.com/CYBERPOWERPC...d=1551406966&s=gateway&sr=8-1#customerReviews . I have the rtx 2070 version. The power supply it came with is bronze certified but I'm not too familiar with the quality of the brand and if its right for whats installed. The model number is atng ata-800fb-b. I couldn't pull it out far enough to get a full pic without undoing some cables but the first review on that link has a full sized screen cap of the same psu. Any Advice/opinions would be appreciated.

Solution
Yes, a quality 650W would be sufficient. CPU is a 95W TDP and GPU 175W. While the CPU certainly does pull more, a quality 650W is more than sufficient

As for the memory, Intel is not as memory dependent as their AMD counterparts. While that board will support DDR4 3200 or even higher, the performance gains are going to be disproportionate to the cost.
2x8GB @ 2400MHz is fine.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
It's not a fire hazard, but it's not great either.

Buying a prebuilt, you have a warranty on the entire thing - so if it causes damage, CyberPower should be on the hook.
However, they're not the easiest to deal with - and preemptively replacing the PSU (before something does happen) would be a great idea.

Feb 22, 2019
It's not a fire hazard, but it's not great either.

Buying a prebuilt, you have a warranty on the entire thing - so if it causes damage, CyberPower should be on the hook.
However, they're not the easiest to deal with - and preemptively replacing the PSU (before something does happen) would be a great idea.
Thanks for replying so fast. Yeah I'd rather be safe than sorry. I'm assuming if I do go the route of replacing the power supply it will void their warranty on the system? Also could you post some models you'd recommend as a replacement? I was browsing some evga supplies but don't wanna go too wild on the price. Prob a gold certified with enough wattage for upgrades later on.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
It shouldn't provided you keep it & put it back before sending it back if you ever have to.

Realistically though, their customer service isn't up to much - and the shipping to/from is likely on you. So you're probably best dealing with all but the most catastrophic issues removed from them anyway.

A quality ~650W unit would be more than adequate.

EVGA SuperNOVA G3 is a quality unit - but by the time you look at the 650W variant, the 750W is only a few dollars more.
The SeaSonic Focus+ Platinum is available for a great price right now too.

Feb 22, 2019
It shouldn't provided you keep it & put it back before sending it back if you ever have to.

Realistically though, their customer service isn't up to much - and the shipping to/from is likely on you. So you're probably best dealing with all but the most catastrophic issues removed from them anyway.

A quality ~650W unit would be more than adequate.

EVGA SuperNOVA G3 is a quality unit - but by the time you look at the 650W variant, the 750W is only a few dollars more.
The SeaSonic Focus+ Platinum is available for a great price right now too.
Nice, I will have to look into those supplies. The supply they put in "claims" 800 watts. The 650 watt would be enough for the 9900k and rtx 2070? I'd prob end up leaning towards the 750 watt out of the two. Ill look around at power supplies more tomorrow prob, Getting late here.. I guess my last question is about the ram. The motherboard is asrock z390 phantom gaming 4-cb. The installed ram is AData XPG 16GB DDR4 2400MHz AX4U240038G16-BRZ. 2 8gig sticks. 2400mhz seems kinda on the lower end. Any idea what is the fastest ram that board can take?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Yes, a quality 650W would be sufficient. CPU is a 95W TDP and GPU 175W. While the CPU certainly does pull more, a quality 650W is more than sufficient

As for the memory, Intel is not as memory dependent as their AMD counterparts. While that board will support DDR4 3200 or even higher, the performance gains are going to be disproportionate to the cost.
2x8GB @ 2400MHz is fine.

Reactions: Tiebreaker83
Solution