Question Question on recording/streaming CPU

Diogo C

Reputable
Aug 8, 2015
Hi, if I were to build a computer today to play games and record/stream at the same time, what would be better?
Getting a Ryzen 3600 + Capture card, or a Ryzen 3700X?

At first I thought I could find information on this in no time, but it turns out its kinda hard to find anything concrete...
I took a look at prices, and I could get a Ryzen 3600 and a capture card for the same price of a 3700X. From what I've seen the 3700X gets a couple more FPS thanr the 3600(X), so the only question here would be which would do better when streaming/recording?
The 3700X has 2 more cores, but everything else is pretty much the same (while gaming).
One part I couldn't really understand is how much load does it take on the CPU and GPU while using a capture card. I assumed it would be less, but it seems like it still uses some CPU power and GPU as well. Is this just for streaming or also when recording?

I'm really confused on this, and I know nowadays GPUs already can use their power to record/stream. How big is the impact when using something like AMDs ReLive? Similar, better, worse than the Capture card?

Any information would be valueable, thank you.

Hi, if I were to build a computer today to play games and record/stream at the same time, what would be better?
Getting a Ryzen 3600 + Capture card, or a Ryzen 3700X?

At first I thought I could find information on this in no time, but it turns out its kinda hard to find anything concrete...
I took a look at prices, and I could get a Ryzen 3600 and a capture card for the same price of a 3700X. From what I've seen the 3700X gets a couple more FPS thanr the 3600(X), so the only question here would be which would do better when streaming/recording?
The 3700X has 2 more cores, but everything else is pretty much the same (while gaming).
One part I couldn't really understand is how much load does it take on the CPU and GPU while using a capture card. I assumed it would be less, but it seems like it still uses some CPU power and GPU as well. Is this just for streaming or also when recording?

I'm really confused on this, and I know nowadays GPUs already can use their power to record/stream. How big is the impact when using something like AMDs ReLive? Similar, better, worse than the Capture card?

Any information would be valueable, thank you.
If you will be streaming/recording and playing games at the same time, then go with the Ryzen 3700X
Otherwise the Ryzen 3600 will do.