Question on replacing motherboard

Oct 30, 2018
I am looking to replace an intel socket 1155 motherboard for a gaming computer that used to use a 'Gigabyte GA-Z77-HD3' motherboard which a local IT company determined has failed.

My question is, if I buy a very cheap motherboard that has enough slots to fit my RAM and GPU, is there any possible downside besides that I won't be able to overclock the CPU?

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/IBM-Lenovo-ThinkCentre-M92p-M92-M82-MOTHERBOARD-IS7XM-0C17038-for-3209-SFF/262739454480?epid=1937023304&hash=item3d2c7dea10:g:ICMAAOSwiDFYPIz8

This is the board I was planning on getting, any boards on popular sites like Newegg are at least 120$ USD and I was hoping to do this cheaply, I would really appreciate any guidance on this.

Thank you

Solution
That is a OEM board from a Lenovo pre-built desktop. Proprietary mounting, spacing, FP connections, and BIOS. It will not offer any OC'ing features. And any motherboard swap may require a new Windows license.

Look for another Z77 board on ebay. You need the "Z" in order to OC.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
That is a OEM board from a Lenovo pre-built desktop. Proprietary mounting, spacing, FP connections, and BIOS. It will not offer any OC'ing features. And any motherboard swap may require a new Windows license.

Look for another Z77 board on ebay. You need the "Z" in order to OC.

Solution