Question Question PC suddenly won't post, VGA error light.

drvke

Reputable
Mar 19, 2019
MSI x470 Gaming Pro
Ryzen 5 2600
32gb Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz
Gigabyte GP-P850W
Gigabyte RTX 3060ti

I turned my pc off like usual one day, and now it won't boot. VGA light is on, so I began to troubleshoot. I disconnected the GPU and it posted, but putting it back it causes no boot. I cleared the CMOS and tried the same sequence, but still no boot with the GPU installled. I then tried using my spare GPU, a GTX 1050ti, but still no boot. Can anyone offer some insight?

The mobo and cpu are about 4 years old, while the power supply and gpu and about a year old.

DaleH

Prominent
Mar 24, 2023
  1. One of the most common causes of the VGA light being on is an issue with your graphics card or display adapter. If you are using a dedicated graphics card, it’s possible that it’s not properly connected to the motherboard or that it’s not receiving enough power from your power supply unit. If you don’t have a dedicated graphics card, then it could be an issue with your integrated graphics processor or display adapter. In either case, ensuring that these components are properly connected and receiving enough power can often solve this problem.
  2. Another potential cause of the VGA light being on is an issue with your monitor or cable connections. Make sure that all cables are securely connected to their respective ports. Also, make sure that any adapters you may be using (such as DisplayPort to HDMI) are working properly. If everything looks fine, try using another cable or monitor to see if the problem persists.
  3. Finally, if none of these solutions work, then there may be an issue with your motherboard itself. It could be a faulty component or even just a bad connection between two components on the board itself. If you suspect this is the case, it’s best to consult with a professional.