Question Question regarding Acer Nitro 5's screen

Gamdjdj

Honorable
Jul 23, 2017
Hey, so I've an Acer Nitro 5, the screen already has one or two broken pixels. I wanted to ask if these broken pixels will spread or remain like this? And there's one more major question I got. What if I hit my laptop's screen a couple of times with my nails and fingers? Will it damage my laptop's screen? I've a habit of hitting my laptop's screen while explaining or showing something, I try my best to control but I always end up doing it. I am worried about my laptop's screen. Could you please tell me if doing this will damage my laptop's screen?

Lutfij

Titan
They could spread along the same line or they could be entirely random. Thing is, if the panel is faulty, then you will incur dead pixels sooner than later. I'd advise on avoiding poking that panel in either direction. If you need to show something, use a laser pointer.

Gamdjdj

Honorable
Jul 23, 2017
They could spread along the same line or they could be entirely random. Thing is, if the panel is faulty, then you will incur dead pixels sooner than later. I'd advise on avoiding poking that panel in either direction. If you need to show something, use a laser pointer.
Hey I'll avoid doing that, I want to ask how can I know if my laptop's fine or needs repair? Something like panel, or screen change? It looks fine as of now, but I am not sure.

Lutfij

Titan
If you're asking how to identify dead pixels on your screen, you could use this tool. Identifying a bad panel would require it be behave in a way that is not normally seen on another laptop, regardless of it's specs, such as flickering or a blot on the panel or even not showing anything in spite of the laptop being powered up and in the OS GUI.