Question Question regarding SATA and MOLEX cables

Feb 24, 2024
I found a old hard drive from when i dismantled an old computer and it has both sata power and molex power connectors, I plan on using sata data for data but molex for power. Is this possible/safe?
Here's an image of it:
IMG_20240224_190246.jpg

Solution
this was usually just for those that didn't have proper SATA power connections from their power supply at the time.
back then a large portion of systems didn't have a power supply with more modern outputs.

is this drive worth using?
that depends on the rated speeds and if it may still be reliable after all this time.
this was usually just for those that didn't have proper SATA power connections from their power supply at the time.
back then a large portion of systems didn't have a power supply with more modern outputs.

that depends on the rated speeds and if it may still be reliable after all this time.

Solution
Feb 24, 2024

1,5 gb/s seems to be the rated speed for this hdd, and im not entirely sure if the drive even works (i wanted to try and test it) but it seems to probably still be worth using.