Question regarding updating Mobo (update of BIOS, not new)

ZanicL3

Reputable
Jan 19, 2016
Hello lads,

I am wondering whether a mobo update, will improve performance (gaming).
Also is updating your safe, will it not harm your computer in any way?

My specs are;
I7 4790k
8 GB ram
GTX 970
ASrock Z97 Pro 4

Solution
Updating the bios wont improve your performance. You are using one of the latest, no idea which, but it's a late version since you are using the 4790k. Only thing you will get from bios upgrade is 5th generation CPU support, which is useless to you. My recommendations are the same as the recommendations of every motherboard manufacturer: don't update your bios unless you REALLY NEED TO and it will give you a new feature which your system can't run with. No, your computer won't run faster with a newer bios.

Nuwan Fernando

Distinguished

Unless you are without a UPS and the local electricity grid is so fluctuating. When updating BIOS make sure you can complete the task without any interruption. Once you update it it'll be more error free and compatible with many other accessories.

Updating the bios wont improve your performance. You are using one of the latest, no idea which, but it's a late version since you are using the 4790k. Only thing you will get from bios upgrade is 5th generation CPU support, which is useless to you. My recommendations are the same as the recommendations of every motherboard manufacturer: don't update your bios unless you REALLY NEED TO and it will give you a new feature which your system can't run with. No, your computer won't run faster with a newer bios.

Solution

ZanicL3

Reputable
Jan 19, 2016

Thanks ! :D