[SOLVED] Question regarding updating my bios. GA-AB350 Gaming 3

absolutezerofps

Commendable
Sep 15, 2017
Hello TH Community,
Let's go straight to the issue ._.
I haven't updated my bios from a very long time. Still running version F22 and I see F50a, etc etc in the Gigabyte motherboard support files. (http://prntscr.com/rgmybf) I'm confused. pls halp ty
Can I not install the latest bios straight away?
My system has:
Ryzen 5 1600
AB350 Gaming 3
8 GB RAM
GTX 1060 6GB

Last edited:
Solution
i've tried every possible fix, random stutter is still there
Normally I'd agree not to update unless you have an issue...well, you've got an issue. And more, you've got an issue that BIOS F25 specifically addresses since, with AGESA 1.0.0.6, it has the best memory compatibility for Gen 1&2 CPU's. Anyone who's never been through the problems getting memory to work well with with Gen 1 CPU's on the earlier BIOS's just won't get it. I went through the same problems, and on the same GB B350 motherboard (mATX version) with a 1700. That BIOS was a major improvement for me but ultimately all you should ever expect is the 2666 rated memory speed of Gen 1 CPU's.

Update the BIOS first and then get a dual channel memory kit before...
Hello TH Community,
Let's go straight to the issue ._.
I haven't updated my bios from a very long time. Still running version F22 and I see F50a, etc etc in the Gigabyte motherboard support files. (http://prntscr.com/rgmybf) I'm confused. pls halp ty
Can I not install the latest bios straight away?
My system has:
Ryzen 5 1600
AB350 Gaming 3
8 GB RAM
GTX 1060 6GB
Update to F25 but no further. F25 is AGESA 1006 which offered about the best memory compatibility and stability for 1st and 2nd gen CPU's. Do observe the note and update the chipset driver first.

Beyond F25 they introduce AGESA releases optimized for 3rd gen which at best doesn't really help you, and at worse could raise problems you don't want.

Last edited:

absolutezerofps

Commendable
Sep 15, 2017
only upgrade if you have issue.
as likely latest bios add the 3000 series but remove 1000 series support
CoD MW (Warzone) is lagging for me. Like it works fine for some time, then it starts stuttering and stutters randomly in gunfights, so annoying, my gpu can run it fine without any fps drops on high settings but fps stutter is the issue. i've tried every single thing, updating bios is the last thing before me formatting the whole system and reinstalling fresh

absolutezerofps

Commendable
Sep 15, 2017
other then the cpu . your system only meet min requirement.
test again with lower settings and resolution
and yes, i've tried to run it at 1280x720 (low settings and also highest settings) unfortunately even this resolution gives me same to same performance as playing on 1920x1080 highest or lowest settings, same fps, and same stutters.

i've tried every possible fix, random stutter is still there
Normally I'd agree not to update unless you have an issue...well, you've got an issue. And more, you've got an issue that BIOS F25 specifically addresses since, with AGESA 1.0.0.6, it has the best memory compatibility for Gen 1&2 CPU's. Anyone who's never been through the problems getting memory to work well with with Gen 1 CPU's on the earlier BIOS's just won't get it. I went through the same problems, and on the same GB B350 motherboard (mATX version) with a 1700. That BIOS was a major improvement for me but ultimately all you should ever expect is the 2666 rated memory speed of Gen 1 CPU's.

Update the BIOS first and then get a dual channel memory kit before upgrading other hardware. Buying a 2nd DIMM to make yours dual channel is always a sketch proposition as it adds another huge variable to the difficult job of getting memory stable at high clock speeds. The dual channel kit, if selected carefully, should be useful in most any other system or CPU. Update beyond F25 only to F50a and only if you have a Ryzen 3000 processor in hand and ready to go.

Last edited:
Solution