Question Question Why does my 980 pro 2tb samsung ssd slow down so much when decompressing zip folders?

Order 66

Grand Moff
Apr 13, 2023
My ssd will slow down to tens of kilobytes per second when decompressing folders (specifically cinebench r23 and cinebench 2024) I am on windows 11. I know that there is a bug that slows down ssd performance on windows 11 but it shouldn't slow down that much right?

Order 66

Grand Moff
Apr 13, 2023
My ssd will slow down to tens of kilobytes per second when decompressing folders (specifically cinebench r23 and cinebench 2024) I am on windows 11. I know that there is a bug that slows down ssd performance on windows 11 but it shouldn't slow down that much right?

Colif

Win 11 Master
970 Evo performed same way. its 1.2gb download but extracts out to 2.35gb, that would have a lot to do with it.

my GPU seems to do well in test... seems more people need to run for comparisons
UWozWU8.jpg

its double what my 2070 Super can do.

Reactions: Order 66

Colif

Win 11 Master
Some laptop makers name all their models with the same model number. It doesn't help if you don't know that and search the code thinking you will find right one... instead there are 7 or more different laptops all with same codes. GL finding right one...

So its not just AMD, they don't do it every year.

It could be the cpu holding it back.

I may have a solution
Ej6cOwV.jpg
I was going to say that the CPU shouldn't matter, because this is a GPU test, and factoring in the CPU wouldn't necessarily make it a GPU test.

But I ran Process Explorer on it while it was running and it does have a single thread occupying an entire core's worth of CPU time while it runs. It does have a brief moment of something like 10+ threads in the beginning of each run, presumably compiling the work to send off to the GPU to do.