[SOLVED] Question Windows 10 wifi constantly keeps dropping and then can't reconnect without restarting laptop

salilsurendran

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
A few months ago my Windows 10 laptop started dropping connections to wifi. I have an internal 2.4 GHz card and a 5 GHz USB Wifi adapter and both will not work at the same time. I have the latest Windows 10 on my laptop which is a Lenovo B50-45. The laptop is pretty old and I wonder if some of the connections inside is coming loose or so. Tried numerous things including updating drivers, restarting routers. The laptop can't connect to my phone's hotspot either. Wondering any other way to troubleshoot before I just give up and buy a new laptop?

Solution
There is no problem with the signal strength. All my other devices seamlessly connect and never drop
Well if you have a good signal and you have a new usb antenna, then your laptop might be cooked. However this being the case this is a good opportunity to format and reinstall a fresh os to see if the error is in the software
Feb 28, 2021
A few months ago my Windows 10 laptop started dropping connections to wifi. I have an internal 2.4 GHz card and a 5 GHz USB Wifi adapter and both will not work at the same time. I have the latest Windows 10 on my laptop which is a Lenovo B50-45. The laptop is pretty old and I wonder if some of the connections inside is coming loose or so. Tried numerous things including updating drivers, restarting routers. The laptop can't connect to my phone's hotspot either. Wondering any other way to troubleshoot before I just give up and buy a new laptop?
Do you know the strength of the signal that is dropped? A weak signal will get dropped

Feb 28, 2021
There is no problem with the signal strength. All my other devices seamlessly connect and never drop
Well if you have a good signal and you have a new usb antenna, then your laptop might be cooked. However this being the case this is a good opportunity to format and reinstall a fresh os to see if the error is in the software

Solution