Question Questions About AMD CPUs and Associated Hardware for PC Gaming, Video Editing, and Content Creation

MasterYoda327

Honorable
May 26, 2019
I am both a PC gamer and drone pilot. I plan to build a new gaming PC early next year after AMD and Nvidia release their new GPUs. This PC will be used for both business and personal use since I am considering setting up a drone startup business. The primary tasks on this PC will be PC gaming, drone video editing ( with a drone capable of recording 4K video), and YouTube content creation (for the startup business). I plan to game at 1440p (possibly 4K if hardware is capable), have a single, dual, or ultrawide monitor setup with 1440p resolution (possibly 4K if hardware is capable), and get the appropriate amount of RAM with specifications that provide the best price to performance value. For video editing and content creation, I do not plan to do extreme or Hollywood level editing, but instead do basic or standard video editing, enhancements, graphics, and/or animation. For gaming, I do not plan to overclock, but will use one monitor when gaming. In the past, I have bought PC parts that provide at or close to the best value in terms of price to performance and avoid overkill. My planned budget is around $2000. At this time I am looking at AMD Ryzen 9000 X3D series CPUs in either 8 or 12 core configuration and balancing it out with an appropriate Radeon or Nvidia GPU to avoid or minimize bottleneck issues. However, I am open to suggestions.

Please note that I am just seeking general information right now and will do more research when the Ryzen 9000 X3D CPUs and Radeon and Nvidia GPUs are released.

I have the following questions:
1. Would I be better off with an 8 or 12 core AMD Ryzen CPU and would I be better off with or without X3D?
2. Would I be better off with an X670E, X670, or B650 motherboard or any of their X800 series successors?
3. Would I be better off using a motherboard with PCIE 4.0 or 5.0?
4. For video editing, would I be better of with a single, dual, or ultrawide monitor setup?
5. Would I be ok with a mid-range Radeon or Nvidia GPU for video and content editing and a dual or ultrawide monitor setup, or should I go with a higher-end GPU?
6. Would I be ok using RAM with the best price to performance value in terms of specs such as CAS latency and memory speed or should I go with higher end specs?

Thanks in advance.

USAFRet

Titan
I have the following questions:
My use case is not far from yours.

#4. I much prefer multiple monitors.

For the rest, start here:

TeamRed2024

Proper
Aug 12, 2024
Similar use case as well.

1) 16 cores. 9950X = win! Saw a post today that the 9950X3D got a lower score than mine in Cinebench.
2) X670E is great. 4 m.2 slots. I have heard X870 isn't all that great.
3) My board has 1 5.0 slot with the rest 4.0... and all my drives are 4.0. Not gonna notice the difference.
4) I have a single display... an OLED 48". Plenty of real estate. I don't like 2x/3x displays.
5) I run the 4090 and it does an amazing job at everything. 4K editing... gaming... doesn't break a sweat.
6) 64GB... enough ram for any task.

I use the Autel Evo 2 Pro v3 and have no problems with the 6K video editing.

TRENDING THREADS