[SOLVED] Questions about Radeon Vega 8 integrated Graphics

Apr 12, 2020
Hello,

I've been thinking about buying the AMD Ryzen 3 3200G with integrated graphics (Radeon Vega 8), as i do not have to financial means to buy a CPU, Mobo and GPU. I would be using the MSI A320M-A Pro Max Micro ATX Am4 Motherboard and 16BG RAM (Corsair Vengeance).

I wont be playing any newer CPU/GPU intensive games, mainly for watching movies, browsing/youtube, music production programs and some older games such Mount and Blade Warband, Crusader Kings, Europa Universalis.

I would also occasionally like to connect to my TV via HDMI, is it possible to connect to a monitor and TV at the same time?

I checked online if these components would run the games mentioned earlier and everything seemed fine but i wanted to know if anybody have any experience using the Radeon Vega 8 integrated Graphics? Are there any pro/cons to using this?

Any input is appreciated!

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 3 3200G
Radeon Vega 8 integrated Graphics
MSI A320M-A Pro MAX micro ATX AM4
16GB RAM Corsair Vengeance

Solution
I would be using the MSI A320M-A Pro Max Micro ATX Am4 Motherboard

I would also occasionally like to connect to my TV via HDMI, is it possible to connect to a monitor and TV at the same time?

That motherboard has a single HDMI connector, and a single DVI connector. You would need to use either a DVI-to-HDMI adapter, or get a motherboard that has 2 HDMI ports (though I would say that these days, a DP is preferred for connecting to a monitor, assuming your monitor has that kind of connection). Some motherboards might have two HDMI ports, or an HDMI and a DP.

I would also recommend a B350 at least, preferably a B450, motherboard.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
MSI A320M-A Pro MAX has Hdmi & DVI-D so running two monitors should be fine.

There's no real cons for your intended use, Vega graphics is pretty good.

Only thing that comes to mind is ram. You might be aware Ryzen cpu & graphics relies on ram speed for performance and also further improved with two sticks in dual channel. Ram speed, wouldn't go lower than 2666 if you can help it.

Apr 12, 2020
MSI A320M-A Pro MAX has Hdmi & DVI-D so running two monitors should be fine.

There's no real cons for your intended use, Vega graphics is pretty good.

Only thing that comes to mind is ram. You might be aware Ryzen cpu & graphics relies on ram speed for performance and also further improved with two sticks in dual channel. Ram speed, wouldn't go lower than 2666 if you can help it.

thank you for the reply, i was planning on buying corsair vengeance 2x 8gb ddr4-3000 so cpu / graphics should preform well then

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I would be using the MSI A320M-A Pro Max Micro ATX Am4 Motherboard

That motherboard has a single HDMI connector, and a single DVI connector. You would need to use either a DVI-to-HDMI adapter, or get a motherboard that has 2 HDMI ports (though I would say that these days, a DP is preferred for connecting to a monitor, assuming your monitor has that kind of connection). Some motherboards might have two HDMI ports, or an HDMI and a DP.

Reactions: boju
Solution
Apr 12, 2020

have also been looking into the b450 and will defintely be buy it instead of the a320

which would you recommend as CPU with integrated GPU, ryzen 3 3200g 4x or ryzen 5 2600g 6x for 50 euro more. which has better value for money?

edit: nevermind, the ryzen 5 doesnt have integrated gpu

Last edited:

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Agreed on the motherboard recommendation.

Regarding ram, go for 2933 or 3200 because Ryzen doesn't officially support 3000. 3000 ram may offer 2933 XMP profile but difficult to know. Would rather buy ram for that specific speed. Also Ryzen doesn't support odd timings, ie CL15. CL14 or 16 is supported. It'll just make it easier when setting your ram in the bios instead of potentially horsing around.