Questions about switching Cpu

Oct 5, 2018
This is my first thread here, I don't where else to post this question.
So I'm planning on switching my cpu from amd to intel, I current have window 10 os install and I was wondering how i go about doing that. Can I just use the old hardware with the new Cpu and Motherboard or I need to get new HHD and etc.

Solution
When switching from AMD to Intel you will need 2 things: an Intel CPU and a compatible motherboard. Everything else in your system can stay.

Before installing the new hardware, backup all of your files that you wish to keep (external HDD, thumb drive, etc). If you have a Microsoft account then make sure your copy of Windows is registered as it will make reactivating it easier.

You will need to reinstall Windows. Go here https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10ISO and download the ISO file to a USB drive.

Install the new hardware, boot it up, enter the BIOS, and tell the PC ago boot from that USB drive with the ISO file on it. Follow the prompts to download Windows.

After it’s done, you can either log into your...

Jwpanz

Honorable
When switching from AMD to Intel you will need 2 things: an Intel CPU and a compatible motherboard. Everything else in your system can stay.

Before installing the new hardware, backup all of your files that you wish to keep (external HDD, thumb drive, etc). If you have a Microsoft account then make sure your copy of Windows is registered as it will make reactivating it easier.

You will need to reinstall Windows. Go here https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10ISO and download the ISO file to a USB drive.

Install the new hardware, boot it up, enter the BIOS, and tell the PC ago boot from that USB drive with the ISO file on it. Follow the prompts to download Windows.

After it’s done, you can either log into your Microsoft Account to reactivate Windows or call Microsoft to get a new key (you’ll need to explain why you need it).

Put all of your backed up files back onto your system, reinstall programs and games, and you should be good to go from there.

I hope this helps.

Solution