Question Questions regarding PCLE lanes.

Nov 23, 2022
I have recently build a new PC, and I thought the specs were quite good! Although it feels a bit slower than what I expected, now I was reading up about it and now I'm worried that I am perhaps using too many PCLE lanes?

My specs are as follows:
6950XT ASROCK OC - GPU
AMD 7 7700X - CPU
MSI B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI - MOBO

STORAGE:
Kingston-SKC3000S - 1TB 2x
Samsung 980 PRO 2 TB PCIe 4.0 1x.

Any ideas?

kanewolf

Titan
I have recently build a new PC, and I thought the specs were quite good! Although it feels a bit slower than what I expected, now I was reading up about it and now I'm worried that I am perhaps using too many PCLE lanes?

My specs are as follows:
6950XT ASROCK OC - GPU
AMD 7 7700X - CPU
MSI B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI - MOBO

STORAGE:
Kingston-SKC3000S - 1TB 2x
Samsung 980 PRO 2 TB PCIe 4.0 1x.

Any ideas?
My read of the manual says you should be OK with 3 NVMe drives and a SINGLE graphics card.

To help us get a baseline on your performance run userbenchmark.com and post the link to the results.

Nov 23, 2022
Odd, it feels hiccupy - especially around microsoft edge and whatnot.
I do have another sata drive as a backup, is that possibly what could push it over the edge?

kanewolf

Titan
Where'd I find that? I'm terrible with this, only just recently started to get into the technical bits with my new build.
For most people, it would be a setting in the admin portion of your router.
You can test to see if this is the problem, by manually setting the DNS provider for your PC
Look at this article for the how to change on your PC -- https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-and-why-to-change-your-dns-server. Scroll down to how to change my device DNS.