Quick question about this ram/mobo combo...

OP_Chugging

Reputable
May 29, 2015
Hi,

I'll be building a new PC in a couple of weeks and I'm on a tight budget so I wanted to cut corners and only get one 8GB stick of DDR4 ram (i'll post parts at the bottom), and get another 8GB stick of the same ram later down the line. The motherboard I'm going with does say it supports Dual channel, but I'm wondering whether only starting out with one stick of 8GB will be fine/work?

Parts: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/

Cheers!

Solution
No problem, it's what I'm here for :3

Also, that all looks good to me. I don't love that case because it looks like airflow will be kind of bad, but just make sure you make the front fans intake and the top and back fans exhaust and you should be fine :D
That link doesn't work, clicking that link brings up my list, not yours. Use the permalink near the top of your component list.

Also, yeah that should work no problem. Just be aware that adding additional ram is not guaranteed to work, multiple sticks is only guaranteed to work if they come in a kit.

No problem, it's what I'm here for :3

Also, that all looks good to me. I don't love that case because it looks like airflow will be kind of bad, but just make sure you make the front fans intake and the top and back fans exhaust and you should be fine :D

Solution

OP_Chugging

Reputable
May 29, 2015

Great stuff, and I'll make sure to do that if I get the 200R. May even get a slightly more expensive case yet, I'm not 100% sure yet though.