Quick quote feature ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitesh12

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
Can we have a "quick quote" feature on this forum? - where one selects text, a small box comes up, click on it and you have the selected text within quotes in reply box.
It gets very easier to reply to a part of a post. Also thread looks more clean and arranged.
Regards
Hitesh

"quick quote" feature on this forum?

The above was achieved by selecting the text. Clicking below to select the start point and pressing and holding the Ctrl key then pressing Q followed by V.
Doing it this way saves having to try and select the space between the brackets when pasting a quote when trying to copy and paste part of a post.
I guess the Quote Icon could possibly be changed to Quote and paste ? It is a kind of PITA if you don't know the windows short cuts I guess.

Mactronix :)

randomizer

Champion
Overclock.net's custom forum and any vB4 forum (I think... that might have been a plugin) has a quick quote feature. It basically just appends the full quoted post into the quick reply box at the bottom of the page. It doesn't allow you to pick out bits of the post to quote though. Only one forum I know of has that, and that is very custom.

hitesh12

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010

Sorry didn't get you :??:

hitesh12

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
I too know only a one forum which has this feature but I'm sure if I should mention it here.
Btw the vB version is 3.8.5

It basically goes like this- select a part of the post or the whole post, a small box having "Quick quote" typed in it comes up just above the selected text, click on it and you have the selected text in quotes in reply box (also mentioning the name of the person we are replying to, unlike this -
)

hitesh12

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010

So can we have that plugin ?

Once you have copied the text you wish to quote you can use windows shortcut keys to make things very easy.
Ctrl and Q gives you the quote brackets
Then pressing Ctrl and V pastes the quote between the quote brackets.

Once you have copied the text you wish to quote

Mactronix :)

randomizer

Champion

The formatting shortcuts unfortunately only work in the full reply form.

What I am attempting to point out (and failing it seems) is that you don't need a quick quote feature.
I fail to see what the benefit would be over quoting in the full reply form ?

You can copy the text and click in the reply field press 3 keys and that's it job done press answer its sent.

Mac :)

hitesh12

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010

Thanks for the update :)

Assassination

Honorable
May 5, 2013
Once you have copied the text you wish to quote you can use windows shortcut keys to make things very easy.
Ctrl and Q gives you the quote brackets

Status
Not open for further replies.