Question Quick way to change passwords on multiple sites?

Order 66

Grand Moff
Apr 13, 2023
I recently learned one of my passwords was leaked in a data breach. i downloaded keeper for a password manager, and started changing my passwords, but it has taken forever so far and all I’ve managed to do in 20 minutes is change the passwords to 2 websites since I have a bunch of 2FA to also get through as well. I was just wondering if there was a better way, so that I do have to spend multiple hours changing password.

zinkles

Commendable
Aug 24, 2022
IDTS, because if such was possible, through some API or something, it would itself be a major vulnerability. Also, since there isn't a common/universal way to change the password on sites as some may need further verification, or may use various methods to accomplish it, such a tool to change passwords at bulk isn't possible.

While it is possible for sites associated with the same company/brand, it certainly isn't for random and multiple sites.

You should stick to changing them yourself, rather than trying third-party tools that claim to do so.

You could speed up the sign in and verification processes by;
  • Using a network you've used before.
  • Disabling VPNs.
  • Using a browser you've used with that site before.
  • Using the "forget-password" to get link/code to email to use that to change the password. (might be easier than logging in and then changing)

Reactions: Order 66

kanewolf

Titan
I recently learned one of my passwords was leaked in a data breach. i downloaded keeper for a password manager, and started changing my passwords, but it has taken forever so far and all I’ve managed to do in 20 minutes is change the passwords to 2 websites since I have a bunch of 2FA to also get through as well. I was just wondering if there was a better way, so that I do have to spend multiple hours changing password.
Sites with 2FA are less critical for the security of your password. 2FA is designed to protect in situations like this. Definitely change the PW (and don't use the same one as widely). But concentrate on the sites without 2FA first.

Reactions: Order 66

Order 66

Grand Moff
Apr 13, 2023
Sites with 2FA are less critical for the security of your password. 2FA is designed to protect in situations like this. Definitely change the PW (and don't use the same one as widely). But concentrate on the sites without 2FA first.
Yes, but I use a VPN for sites and games like Roblox since it greatly improves my ping. It would not be difficult for me to fall for a malicious 2fa request if I forget where the VPN server I'm connecting to is.