[SOLVED] QUIET PC CASES

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 2, 2021
Hello, I have a build right now in some cooler master case, and well it’s kind of loud. I am very new to this whole computer stuff as I’ve always had a Xbox. I have an Amd 5700xt and a ryzen 7 3700x. I am looking for a case that will cut sound down drastically but still doing good with cooling. I’ve been looking into a few different fractal design cases. Any recommendations for quiet but also good cooling cases will be appreciated thanks.

Solution
There's only one thing in Any normal pc that makes any kind of realistic noise. Fans. Quiet cases are sound baffled to help with sound vibration escaping into the open where you xan hear them, but none are perfect because fans need holes, so some sound is inevitable.

The amount of sound produced is directly tied back to 1 thing. Heat. The hotter the components, the hotter the case, the higher the rpm of the fans, the louder they are.

That's one of the benefits of an aio vs air cooling, cpu heat is directly removed from adding to case heat, lowers the need for higher airflow and higher rpm cpu fans.

As mentioned, 140mm fans will move more air at the same rpm as a 120mm fan, or conversely the same amount of air at a lower rpm, so...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
There's only one thing in Any normal pc that makes any kind of realistic noise. Fans. Quiet cases are sound baffled to help with sound vibration escaping into the open where you xan hear them, but none are perfect because fans need holes, so some sound is inevitable.

The amount of sound produced is directly tied back to 1 thing. Heat. The hotter the components, the hotter the case, the higher the rpm of the fans, the louder they are.

That's one of the benefits of an aio vs air cooling, cpu heat is directly removed from adding to case heat, lowers the need for higher airflow and higher rpm cpu fans.

As mentioned, 140mm fans will move more air at the same rpm as a 120mm fan, or conversely the same amount of air at a lower rpm, so 140mm fans are more desirable for quietness.

Fan design is also important, you want decent static pressure fans as intakes to Move the cfm, but higher cfm fans as exhaust to get rid of the heat faster. The better designed fans like the beQuiet or Noiseblocker or Noctua fans are better because they simply start out quieter to begin with, but that's model depending since ippc 3000rpm fans sound like a freight train.

Solution