R.I.P.: Open Casket Funeral for Internet Explorer 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Of all the ridiculous ideas that freely float around the Internet, this has to be one of the most egregious and misguided ideas ever. Having recently lost a member of my family, the funeral and viewing traditions are essential to helping grieving people attempt to cope. I'm as sacrilegious as the next guy, but having a funeral for a browser that people can still choose to use (albeit as clearly outdate) isn't even remotely funny or necessary. Further proof of how shallow and idiotic most people are.

JasonAkkerman

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2008
[citation][nom]IdiotHater666[/nom]Of all the ridiculous ideas that freely float around the Internet, this has to be one of the most egregious and misguided ideas ever. Having recently lost a member of my family, the funeral and viewing traditions are essential to helping grieving people attempt to cope. I'm as sacrilegious as the next guy, but having a funeral for a browser that people can still choose to use (albeit as clearly outdate) isn't even remotely funny or necessary. Further proof of how shallow and idiotic most people are.[/citation]

Who peed on your cupcake and called it frosting?

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]so does this mean Microsoft will finally support later versions of IE on windows 2000? which is still the OS most businesses still use.[/citation]
Windows 2000 is older than IE6. Extended support ends July 13, 2010. It is next to die. Move on.

marsax73

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
[citation][nom]zoemayne[/nom]If a business is running win 2000 its makes sense to add firefox for free since they wont change OS's for whatever reason.[/citation]

That is 10 years old! Time to move on. I mean at least move up to XP. I know that's not too much younger but it is way more stable than Win 2K.

G

I use firefox, I don't care what happens to IE. I'd only attend an IE funeral if it was the end of IE period.

[citation][nom]marsax73[/nom]That is 10 years old! Time to move on. I mean at least move up to XP. I know that's not too much younger but it is way more stable than Win 2K.[/citation]

umm newsflash windows XP is nothing but windows 2000 with a better GUI and it took 2 service packs for XP to get as stable as windows 2000.

[citation][nom]marsax73[/nom]That is 10 years old! Time to move on. I mean at least move up to XP. I know that's not too much younger but it is way more stable than Win 2K.[/citation]

well its a good thing you don't run a business. it would be bankrupt in a week. there's too much involed when you change operating systems for an entire business. true it has to be done but for some businesses it can take years if ever for them to get the money to do a big change like that

G

Funerals are for grieving. Why would anyone be sad to see IE6 go? Just cremate the browser already and hold a celebration instead :p IE7 needs to go too.

mcshasta

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
Hmmm.... if I am posting this. IE6 is not dead because I am forced to use it still. Been pestering my bosses since I started here last May to update it. Still no luck.....

theubersmurf

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
I'm reminded of one of the early scenes from "Get Shorty" when John Travolta's character goes to talk to the wife of the character who owes to a sum to a gangster. When she admits that he's still alive...The line is something like "I wish he really was dead, the bastard" Since we know he's not quite gone yet, it still has something like 20% of the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.