r5 2600 and corsair vs650

tas_kuris

Commendable
Oct 11, 2016
Hey guys,

Was wondering if VS650 psu would be enough for a R5 2600 cpu that is overclocked? Also in the system i will have GTX 1070 TI. So in total it should be near 500W 100% load, thats not the problem. What i was wondering are amps, would it be enough? On 12V rail it can supply 50A, and i know that cpu alone on overclock could possibly take all the amps and leave none for gpu thus the system would be unstable if it would run at all.

Anyone have any ideas?

Solution
Well 50A on 12V is 600W, which is enough for the system. Just know it's a low quality unit that I wouldn't recommend to pair with a GTX 1070 Ti. So, if I had to use it for a little while, I would plan on upgrading it as soon as possible.
VS series is not for gaming, it's low quality and not recommended. Get CX (2017) or CXM series at minimum. Or other good priced, good quality unit from SeaSonic or other.

*Btw, what you said about the CPU taking all the Amps is not true. It has enough power for all of the system, it is just not a reliable PSU and could cause damage to the rest of your system.

tas_kuris

Commendable
Oct 11, 2016
Right now its the question if it can handle it or no, not if i should get it.
And the thing is that i was using vs650 psu on my old system and it was fine for i5 and 1070 ti and its still kinda fresh.

Well 50A on 12V is 600W, which is enough for the system. Just know it's a low quality unit that I wouldn't recommend to pair with a GTX 1070 Ti. So, if I had to use it for a little while, I would plan on upgrading it as soon as possible.

Solution
A 1070ti & ryzen 2600 (even overclocked) is never going to top 400w ever!

So yeah ampage wise the vs650 is more than enough.

As stated quality is the issue not power.

I wouldnt recommend buying a vs650 but If you already own it then yes it'll do the job.