R5 2600 compatibility

Oct 4, 2018
Is the Ryzen 5 2600 compatible with the motherboard in the Dell Inspiron 5675 (AMD Promontory x370 is the motherboard I believe)?

If it has an AMD X370 chipset it would be hardware compatible but you will need to have BIOS support. Since Dell system are proprietary you have to get BIOS from Dell. Check their site and look for updates that enable Ryzen 2000 CPU support. If you can't find any that state it explicitly then contact their tech support and ask them.

Oct 4, 2018

I just checked and my bios is up to date. I've looked around a ton to try to find my specific motherboard but thats the only thing ive found

Look for the Service ID tag on the computer and it should have an service code...a 7 or 8 digit code with letters and numbers. You can type that in at the Dell support web site ( https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/4 )
and get absolutely all the details on the system as it was delivered. It will have links to BIOS updates and descriptions of what the update remedied or added.

I think it can be safe to say that if there are no BIOS updates after March of 2018 it probably won't support any Ryzen 2000 processors. Which sucks, but what one might expect of Dell who depends on people buy new instead of upgrading.