Question r5 3000 stock fan problems

jdaprile18

Reputable
Jul 22, 2017
I was wondering if anyone else was having issues with the fan that comeswith the r5 3600 and how ungodly loud it is, I messed with the smart fan settings in the bios but it still goes up and down over and over again.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah, the fan's max rpm is like 3000; pretty much impossible to ignore.
Smart fan settings are usually broken to begin with; good idea, yet poorly executed.

I'd suggest taking the highest possible fan speed you can tolerate with that cooler, and setting it as the new maximum.
The downside to this lies with Ryzen and it's constantly fluctuating voltages and clock speeds; it won't boost up quite as high during the voltage peaks.

Probably best to just get a new tower cooler...

jdaprile18

Reputable
Jul 22, 2017
Yeah, the fan's max rpm is like 3000; pretty much impossible to ignore.
Smart fan settings are usually broken to begin with; good idea, yet poorly executed.

I'd suggest taking the highest possible fan speed you can tolerate with that cooler, and setting it as the new maximum.
The downside to this lies with Ryzen and it's constantly fluctuating voltages and clock speeds; it won't boost up quite as high during the voltage peaks.

Probably best to just get a new tower cooler...
that sucks, I guess ill try to get used to it and if I cant handle it ill do that or reinstall the one that came with the ryzen 5 1500 I upgraded from.