[SOLVED] R5 3600 clock issue

May 26, 2020
I have r5 3600, I see that the base clock mentioned as 3.6 ghz, however it somehow goes above 3.6 and fluctuates between 3.8 to 4.1 ghz. I didn't make any changes to the frequency.

How can I limit it to 3.6 ghz? Please let me know.

Solution
That's normal behavior for the Ryzen 5 3600. It should automatically boost its clock rates to around 4GHz or higher under load, depending on how many cores are active and the temperatures they are running at. Most modern processors will do this, and the "base clocks" are more of a worst-case scenario that you are only likely to encounter under load if the processor is overheating.
That's normal behavior for the Ryzen 5 3600. It should automatically boost its clock rates to around 4GHz or higher under load, depending on how many cores are active and the temperatures they are running at. Most modern processors will do this, and the "base clocks" are more of a worst-case scenario that you are only likely to encounter under load if the processor is overheating.

Reactions: dorsai
Solution
May 26, 2020
Thank you for replying and clarification.