R7 5800x boot issue

LovinThatDTR

Prominent
Apr 17, 2019
Hi, just got and installed my R7 5800x. everything turns on fine, but after a few seconds all i see on the screen is text telling me to press F2 or DEl to enter the bios which it refuses to do. my mobo is a X570 Crosshair VIII hero wifi. the LEDS flash through DRAM, CPU n VGA without a hitch but after that its stuck on the Boot LED. anything i do results in nothing whilst on this screen. please tell me im doing something incredibly wrong because at this point im lost.

to add- i have swapped out every part which always results in nothing apart from swapping my CPU back to my r5 2600x which works fine

Dec 16, 2020
Hi, just got and installed my R7 5800x. everything turns on fine, but after a few seconds all i see on the screen is text telling me to press F2 or DEl to enter the bios which it refuses to do. my mobo is a X570 Crosshair VIII hero wifi. the LEDS flash through DRAM, CPU n VGA without a hitch but after that its stuck on the Boot LED. anything i do results in nothing whilst on this screen. please tell me im doing something incredibly wrong because at this point im lost.

to add- i have swapped out every part which always results in nothing apart from swapping my CPU back to my r5 2600x which works fine

Hi my friend. I just had this problem yesterday with my new PC. It made me go crazy thinking that my motherboard was bad. After removing and putting again the SSD, Memories, etc, I've managed to enter bios but couldnt install windows. After getting stuck on "del f2" message I got stuck on windows installationg. Only when I updated the Bios with a pendrive (newest version) that I managed to solve it. The old bios (from a brand new motherboard x570) was from january. I think the Bios is not detecting the right way the new AMD processors and nvidia graphic cards, and some other hardwares. It took me 1 and a half day to fix that. I hope you can pass this first part and get into the bios. If you do, I suggest you have a pendrive ready with the bios update.