R7770 msi problem

wolfman.dino

Prominent
Nov 1, 2017
Hello i just bought an AMD RADEON 7770 1gb, it's the MSI version. And it doesn't work on my computer, the monitor just wont recognize it, it says no signal on the display. But the graphic card works fine on my friends computer. So I have a 400w psu, and he has a 450w , i tried both of them and both didn't work on my computer. So it's not the PSU. I also tried with a dvi and hdmi cabel, didn't work again. My motherboard is ASRock N68PV-GS, and it supports the radeon 7770. Then I also tried my friends graphic card to put in my computer and it works fine. His graphic card is RX 550 and it works great on my PC, but the much older 7770 doesn't. I tried to deinstal all drivers from the old gpu, still no signal. My primary gpu adapter is pci-e in Bios. And one more thing. A friend has also a 7770 , but its the gigabyte version. Didn't work also, but then we disabled the onboard gpu and it worked. Also tried my gpu on 3 more computers of my friends, on 2 it works perfect, but on the third one, same problem with my pc, no signal.
So can you please help me, what can i do ?
My computer components are:
ASRock N68PV-GS
AMD ATHLON ii 640 3.0 quad core
WINDOWS 10
Chipset NVIDA nForce 7xxx-6xx, AMD K10
4GB RAM DDR2

Did you check for a newer BIOS for your motherboard? It may be an issue specific to your motherboard and the card you got, you did a good job with testing things. It may be a power supply issue, I am pretty sure the 7770 used quite a bit more power than the newer 550, and you may have a poor quality PSU which would not be close to 400 watt output. What is the AMP rating on the 12V rail on your power supply? Even the other one may have had issues.

wolfman.dino

Prominent
Nov 1, 2017
I dont think it's the psu. So in my friends computer is a 450w psu and my 7770 works fine in his computer . Then we put his psu in my computer and again same problem.

TRENDING THREADS