R9 270 MSI problem

radoonha

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018
Hello guys.
I have problem with my r9 27p graphich card. I have it 3 and half years and it was bought new.
Few weeks ago I was playing RS6 and in the middle of the game screen became grey with darker grey lines on my screen. I restarted it and it worked good for few days. After some time it happened again and after restarting it it become normal again.
4 days ago I was on thr internet and first some green pixels appeared on the screen and then everything grey for 2 second and then some, like waves, on my screen. I restarted it and after windows logo and booting everything was black.
It was not overheating. This is OC edition with twin frozer. I used msi afterburner to regularly check temperature. Few times I little overclocked it but not a much and never let temperature to go more than 50-60 celzius. But overclocking did gave me maybe 2 or 3 frames more so I didnt do it again.(and that was done 5-6 months ago).
I have i5 3350p cpu, 8GB DDR3, CORSAIR CX500.
Any solutions guys? Is it dead or there is chance to check it?
P.S. I tried to stress it with fumark and similiar but I can't because it says graphich is not connected(beacuse I deleted drivers), and if I install driver I can't run computer.
Sorry for long post but I tried to describe my problem and thanks for answers!

Solution
Did you update the drivers recently? if so, try using DDU (http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html) and install an older driver, maybe 2-3 versions older.
Best way to see if it's a bad card is to test it in another system. Anything else would be guessing where the issue is and testing many other things. If card works in another system, you can try another power supply, maybe try uninstalling and re-installing the drivers.

DarkEvonik

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2012
Did you update the drivers recently? if so, try using DDU (http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html) and install an older driver, maybe 2-3 versions older.

Solution

radoonha

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018
I tried in 2 other systems and they don't recognize my graphich and they show integrated, even if my friend has same graphic as me.
I will try home to install older drivers.

DarkEvonik

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2012

Well, the last thing I can advice you to do (but only if you feel confident) is to flash the card's BIOS. maybe going into an older or newer one you might be able to resurrect it.

Take your time to read this article wich explains quite well how to do so: AMD VGA flashing guide