R9 270 Voltage Control

Hoyzon

Reputable
Aug 7, 2014
Hey guys i'm a begginer in OverClock and i would like to increase the performance from my Video Card.

My GPU is a MSI R9 270 2GB Gaming OC Edition, it's stock clocks are 955Mhz on the Core and 1400Mhz Memory Clock.

By starting with MSI Afterburner i was able to achieve 1190Mhz on the Core and 1500Mhz on the Memory, i don't know why, i can reach 1600Mhz on the memory but doesn't change score at all and i had to lower the Core Clock which actually reduced my Score on Valley Benchmark.

I think, by unlocking the Voltage Control i may be able to achieve more Speed on the Core for that Card, but unfortunelly, every software i have tried don't let me change the Voltage Control, even Sapphire TriXX Software.
ygtEr8X.png

As you can see, how can i change this, and will it really help me achieving more Performance from my Card?

Solution
Unfortunately not all cards offer unlocked voltage. For example XFX cards you must buy the "Black Edition" for unlocked voltage. In the case of MSI they released an R9 270X HAWK which had 2 BIOSes, one of which unlocked everything including voltage. The regular R9 270 was not available in an unlocked version from them.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Unfortunately not all cards offer unlocked voltage. For example XFX cards you must buy the "Black Edition" for unlocked voltage. In the case of MSI they released an R9 270X HAWK which had 2 BIOSes, one of which unlocked everything including voltage. The regular R9 270 was not available in an unlocked version from them.

Solution