R9 270X or GTX 760?

MrFoool

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013
Hello. I live in a country where I can't bascially ship Graphics cars etc..

So, I only have two options considering my PSU can handle

which would be the Gigabyte R9 270X (at $280), yes it's more expensive but, 7870 is going to be even more, cause here they don't drop the price, never, there are even 8800 GT's for sale still and the GTX 660 is at $426 somehow.

Anyways, the GTX 760 is at $341. Now, I'm not saying I don't have the money but I don't know what to do... the GTX 760 is about $90 more expensive then it's real price in USA, meanwhile the R9 270x is $80 more expensive...

Oh also, the GTX 760 I found is a Asus version.

Solution
For a system using a single AMD Reference Design Radeon R9 270X graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 500 Watt or greater system power supply. The power supply should also have a maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 30 Amps or greater and have at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Sufficient Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) rated at 45°C - 50°C ambient temperature, is the most critical factor.

Overclocking of the CPU and/or GPU(s) may require an additional increase to the...

MrFoool

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013

3470 @ 3.2GHz
4GB HyperX, still going to upgrade and get another 4GB
Gigabyte Power Rock 500 Watt
and Gigabyte B75M HD3

Also, Saints row 3... and 4.. GTA IV of course, Planning on playing GTA V too once it's released, uhhh, Assassins creed... Call of duty ghosts... bioshock and metro last light

jay2577

Honorable
Both graphics cards will play all those games. it really comes down to how much you want to spend.
The Nvidia GTX760 is a little more powerful but not by that much.
I would go with the AMD 270x unless i had lots of money to spare:)

For a system using a single AMD Reference Design Radeon R9 270X graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 500 Watt or greater system power supply. The power supply should also have a maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 30 Amps or greater and have at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

Total Power Supply Wattage is NOT the crucial factor in power supply selection!!! Sufficient Total Combined Continuous Power/Current Available on the +12V Rail(s) rated at 45°C - 50°C ambient temperature, is the most critical factor.

Overclocking of the CPU and/or GPU(s) may require an additional increase to the maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current ratings, recommended above, to meet the increase in power required for the overclock. The additional amount required will depend on the magnitude of the overclock being attempted.

The Antec BASIQ Series 550W (VP550P) power supply unit, with its maximum combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 45 Amps and with two (6+2)-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors, is way more than sufficient to power your system configuration with a single Radeon R9 270X graphics card.

Solution